Sunday 10 June 2012

Nintendo Dissapoints Fans

At E3 this year a lot of us were disappointed with the lack of content shown during both of Nintendo's conferences. I was admittedly one of these people but that does not mean I wasn't impressed with some of the new things shown like some of the Wii U games.

Personally I was MEGA disappointed with not a single mention of Animal Crossing 3DS. This game was the main reason I wanted a 3DS, Sure Mario Kart and 3D Land are great but I've practically finished them and I need something new to pass the time.

As a big fan of the Professor Layton games I was also disappointed with the lack of Professor Layton And The Miracle Mask info. I wasn't that impressed with The Spectres Flute so I was looking forward to a new mystery to solve (this time with an ending that is at least plausible). Also the crossover game with Phoenix Wright wasn't mentioned either.

A lot of people were looking forward to a new monster hunter game, but again another no-show at E3 along with Super smash Bros 3D.

The two Mario games that were shown have received mixed attitudes towards them. While I am looking forward to the Wii U version I don't think that an additional player drawing blocks on the screen is that innovative really, I think something like the 2nd player Luma in Galaxy 2 would have been a better option. The addition of Flying Squirrel Mario is nice but don't you feel Nintendo has milked the flying power ups by now. The amount of coins that can be collected in the 3DS version has also caused disapproval as many people have said that we will gain too many lives and the game will be less challenging.

The Lack of Wii U features surprised me also. Luckily Nintendo uploaded a video outlining some of the Wii U's features but I'm actually shocked that they didn't showcase it much on stage. The Mii-Verse seems an interesting idea and I'm glad that a kind of Nintendo social network has been created. We still do not know all about the Wii U and I think Nintendo missed an opportunity to really show it off at E3.

Hopefully we wont be left in the dark for too long and I hope that the next Nintendo Direct is soon because I'm itching for new information



No comments:

Post a Comment