Wednesday 21 August 2013

Sims 4 - Come To Life


OMG well there it is! The first look at the Sims 4!!!!!! Let's talk over some of the main facts shall we before my head explodes!
The biggest announcement in this trailer was obviously the addition of emotions to the Sims 4, while our Sims have always been an emotional bunch this is the first time that your Sims will experience actual emotion that will impact on their lives. Furious, Happy, Sad, Depressed, Flirty, Confident, Inspired, Hysterical, Focused, Bored, Fine, Angry and Flirty are all emotions that can be seen in the trailer and each one brings new animations and interactions to our Sims. Lyndsay Pearson, a producer on the Sims 4 says:
 “You have the ability of what to do with that emotion. If your Sim is furious, that may seem like a bad thing, but it actually means they can write a special book or paint a special painting or go for a really good run and have a really great workout.” 
I love the idea of putting emotions into the Sims 4 and i think its a great continuation of moodlets that were introduced in Sims 3. I look forward to  seeing these new emotions in action and getting to see what I can achieve with each of them. I also think that there is a possibility new expansion packs will include new emotions, like Sims 3 expansions that included new moodlets.

Another striking feature from the new trailer is the enhanced build mode. Since I love building in the Sims I was very excited to hear that EA and Maxis were upgrading Build/Buy mode, and I have so far liked what I see within this trailer. Rooms are now placed onto lots and expanded by dragging to create the desired shape. Pre-set rooms can also be placed straight onto lots (known as blueprint mode in Sims 3) and entire rooms can be picked up and moved, including furniture, to a new location. Items around the home also enhance the new Emotion feature as some decoration can induce certain emotions in Sims nearby. The height of walls also seems to be changeable, shown in a short clip in the trailer. I do hope that there is an option to draw walls like in previous games as I like to create odd shaped rooms in my houses, but as for now I have nothing to complain about.

The new Create A Sim mode seems to enhance the already diverse features of Sim editing. There will be 18 editable points on each Sim that you can click and drag to edit, eliminating the need for sliders and menus. Sims can be made much more in detail this way and will help to ensure each Sim is individual. Another way each Sim will be individual is the way we get to choose a manner in which they perform their actions, allowing us to have our Sims be erratic or move with elegance.

Some things that you might not have noticed in the trailer were the improved lighting tones in the game, that created a soft glow over the world, making the game feel more smooth and light, and the all new music and voices that played in the background of the trailer, which sound very crisp and I like the music style of choice here too. I also love the new tagline for the game, with the Sims 3's being "Play With Life" Our brand new slogan for the SIms 4 is: "Come To Life".


I cannot wait to see more of this game as Gamescom happens, I'll be sure to post news as it happens right here

Thanks guys
Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment